Letters & Reports
- Jackson Hole Airport Board letter to the FAA requesting that they reconsider approving Wind River Air’s proposal
- Joe Albright’s letter to the FAA & NTSB – Joe Albright, a full-time Teton County resident, Alliance member, and former investigative journalist, researched and wrote the following letter to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) regarding safety issues with scenic heli tours and the Robinson 44.
- Joe Albright & Marcia Kunstel’s 2001 safety & environmental concerns report – His recent letter updates the many safety and environmental concerns highlighted in this report, which he wrote in partnership with Marcia Kunstel 20 years ago when scenic heli tours were proposed by Vortex Aviation.
- National Park Service letter to Wind River Air opposing this scenic heli tour proposal
- Jackson Town Council letter to the Airport Board stating that scenic heli tours runs counter to the Comp Plan and calling for further safety and environmental impact studies
- Teton County Commission letter to the Airport Board echoing the town’s concerns
News Articles & Opinion Pieces
- “Whirlybird tours fly back onto Jackson Hole radar” – Jackson Hole News & Guide article 10.30.19
- Letter to the editor from Sharon Mader at the National Parks Conservation Association 12.11.19
- Guest shot from Franz Camenzind – 12.11.19
- Guest shot from the Airport Board – 12.11.19
- “Retired Teton rangers, superintendent leery of heli tours” – Jackson Hole News & Guide article 12.18.19
- “Halt heli tours over Jackson Hole” – Editorial from the Jackson Hole News & Guide 12.18.19
- “Buzzing the Hole: Heli tour operator faces turbulence” – Buckrail article 12.17.19
- “With the Robinson R44’s safety issues, the FAA has taken a more hands-off approach” – LA Times 11.18.18
- “Danger spins from the sky” – LA Times 11.18.18
This isn’t the first time this issue has come up. Learn some history of scenic heli tours and our efforts to stop them in the timeline below.