Fresh snow. Warm homes. Big moose. All of us at the Alliance would like to wish you a happy holiday season.
This is a time for celebrating the closing year, and the Alliance accomplished a lot in 2018. We…
- Increased our team with four new board members: Danielle Shapiro, Juliet Unfried, Michael Stern, and Brad Nielson
- Held a new youth edition of our Conservation Leadership Institute (CLI)
- Received critical financial support from Patagonia, the Community Foundation of Jackson Hole, EcoTour Adventures, and more
- Helped get the Wildlife Crossings Master Plan adopted by Teton County and threw an awesome summer party at the Center for the Arts to celebrate
- Launched our State of Wildlife report
- Worked to hold Snow King accountable for succeeding as our Town Hill, not an amusement park
- Graduated 15 new leaders from our Conservation Leadership Institute
- …and more.
It’s also a time to look forward to the year ahead, and we have a lot of new year’s resolutions. We will…
- Celebrate our 40th Anniversary as an organization
- Work to get wildlife crossings funded on a Special Purpose Excise Tax (SPET) ballot
- Bring another awesome class through CLI
- Work with new volunteer ambassadors to take our Don’t Poach the Powder program to the trails
- Increase the number of voters in Teton County
- Work to preserve history and local business on the Van Vleck block
- Begin a scenario planning project to envision how development decisions will affect our valley
- …and more!
Learn more in our Annual Report, released this fall.
This holiday season, celebrate the people and places that are special to you. We hope you’ll consider giving the gift of conservation, and helping us achieve our goals for the coming year. Thank you for sharing our love for the wildlife, wild places, and community character of Jackson Hole.
The Alliance Staff