Thank you for your interest in working with us. We’re currently hiring for a Development & Marketing Manager/Director – see details below or click here to download full job description.
If you are interested in staying updated with our monthly e-newsletter, the Conservation Chronicle, sign-up online today.
Protecting the wildlife, wild places, and community character of Jackson Hole.
40 years ago, a group of caring neighbors bound by a ferocious love for the magic of Jackson Hole founded the Jackson Hole Alliance for Responsible Planning. We’ve worked as a watchdog to defend Jackson Hole from many things you don’t see today, from oil/gas wells in Cache Creek to a grizzly bear theme park to a dam that would have flooded Oxbow Bend. Now, as the Jackson Hole Conservation Alliance, we believe our valley still needs a local organization with deep roots to address bad ideas that don’t align with our community’s values. And we believe that if we are to succeed in protecting what we love about Jackson Hole, we must do more than respond to threats: we must empower the whole community to proactively create a better future.
That’s why we work to make Jackson Hole a national model of a strong community living in balance with nature. This is a future for Jackson Hole where abundant populations of wildlife have the freedom to roam across the landscape, through our neighborhoods, and safely cross our roads; where we live in walkable neighborhoods with accessible transportation choices and affordable homes, surrounded by protected open space, working agricultural lands, and connected wildlife habitat; and where we respect wildlife when we recreate on protected, wild, well-managed public lands.
The Development & Marketing Manager/Director leads our fundraising and marketing work to sustain our organization and mission, working with the Executive Director and board of directors. This includes managing our database, sponsorship program, grants program, mailings, outreach events, philanthropy, and organizational branding. This person will also work closely with the Outreach (membership, events, volunteer program), Operations (finances, budget tracking), and Civic Engagement (leadership development, digital engagement) staff in a team environment.
- Manage development database, process donations, thank supporters
- Host Development Committee meetings and coordinate committee work
- Track fundraising success against goals and create monthly board reports
- Coordinate outreach to major supporters, working closely with the board and Executive Director
- Coordinate yearly grants calendar and submit applications for foundation support
- Coordinate Leadership Council engagement and events
- Coordinate cultivation events
- Run creative & successful Old Bill’s campaign
- Manage sponsorship program
- Produce high quality print fundraising mailings (3-4 per year) and annual report
- Coordinate multiple fundraising campaigns per year via email, social media, and phone banks
- Lead organizational branding (visual brand, logos, style, etc.)
- Supervise interns and/or staff
- Work with other Alliance staff as necessary to carry out other organizational priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant professional experience
- Extremely organized and good at working with spreadsheets and databases
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively speak with board members and organizational supporters
- Excellent writing skills, basic design skills preferred
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Passion for Alliance mission and interest in fundraising work
- Knowledge of local area, partners, and staff is preferred.
This position will be filled at the Manager or Director level depending on experience. Competitive salary depending on level and experience. The Alliance offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, retirement plan, vacation and holiday pay, flexible schedules, and the opportunity to do meaningful work for Jackson Hole.
Application deadline and timeline
Applications due March 13. We will conduct interviews on a rolling basis as we receive qualified applications. Ideal start date March 30.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Click here to download the position description. The Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from candidates in communities traditionally underrepresented in conservation.