Advocacy at a distance
The Alliance works to proactively create a better future for Jackson Hole, and sometimes this requires defending our environment and community against bad ideas. We keep track of a variety of policies, plans, and issues affecting our valley, and need your help shaping their outcome.
With the current COVID-19 pandemic, much of our organizing work will be taking on a different shape. While we are unsure how this will affect our campaigning this summer, we are, for now, going forward with our advocacy work from a distance and you can too.
Community means more now than ever. Together, we can make a difference.
Right now, you can help with the following campaigns and community efforts- from the comfort (and safety) of your own home:
COVID-19 community response efforts
If you need support or want to help those that do, the following resources have been put in place to provide relief to our community. Thank you to our local nonprofits, officials and representatives for coming together to provide these resources.
Give public comment
The Town of Jackson, Teton County and our local Boards and Commissions are still having public meetings remotely – and you can still participate.
Scenic helicopter tours would disrupt our wilderness areas by circling our lands, wildlife, and people. Tony Chambers of Wind River Air, LLC has a new proposal for scenic helicopter tours. While the proposal does not involve flying over or within a half mile of the park (except during takeoff and landing), the route includes wilderness areas and popular recreation areas. What you can do:
- Sign our petition to ban scenic helicopter tours in Jackson Hole (click button below)
- Learn more on our Heli No campaign page
- Submit a comment to the Airport Board by Friday 4/24/20 opposing helicopter tours – email@example.com/ cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
The new investors at Snow King are pushing an “all-or-nothing” development scheme and are trying to convince our community that we must either accept their plans in full or watch Snow King fail. We respectfully disagree. We believe that our Town Hill deserves better, and that a better outcome is possible.
What you can do:
- Submit a comment to Town Council before 5/4/20 about the 3rd reading on the zoning ordinance
- Sign-Up for updates on Snow King (click the button below)
- Learn more about the Alliance’s balanced vision for Snow King
Join a board
Volunteering to be on a local board or commission means that you have the opportunity to help make important decisions that shape Jackson Hole. You can apply for the following positions at any time (applications due two months prior).
- Contact Clare email@example.com to learn more
- Apply for these next vacancies:
- Town Planning/Board of Adjustment: 3 vacancies in July 2020
- Lower Valley Energy: 3 vacancies (districts 1, 6, 7) in 2020
- START: 2 vacancies in December 2020
- Housing Supply Board: 2 vacancies in December 2020
- Design Review Committee: 4 vacancies October-November 2020
- Parks & Recreation: 4 vacancies December 2020
- Jackson Hole Travel and Tourism: 3 vacancies in June 2020
- Historic Preservation Board: 2 vacancies in June 2020