The Alliance works to proactively create a better future for Jackson Hole, and sometimes this requires defending our environment and community against bad ideas. We keep track of a variety of policies, plans, and issues affecting our valley, and need your help shaping their outcome.
But we can’t advocate alone. Visit this page to take action on an issue that needs your voice. Right now, we need you to speak up on:
- Wildlife crossings – tell the Town and County to prioritize wildlife crossings on the upcoming Specific Purpose Excise Tax (SPET) ballot in November.
This winter we were watching our state legislative session closely, and saw both wins and losses for conservation and community. View our Cheyenne Roundup blog post to learn what happened with the state bills considered this session.
- Snow King’s development proposal to the Town of Jackson and the Forest Service
- Implementing the Wildlife Crossings Master Plan to build safe wildlife crossings in Teton County – let’s fund wildlife crossings on November’s SPET ballot!
- Van Vleck Block development proposal
- Town Council makes a zoning change decision on January 22: attend their meeting at Town Hall at 6pm, and join us for an info session beforehand at 5pm at Thai Me Up.
- Snake River Sporting Club modifications and violation of the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act
- Stilson development – updates coming soon
- Ensuring sound Natural Resource Protections for Teton County