What does conservation mean to you?
Here in Teton County, the word conservation takes on a wide array of definitions and meanings. The majority of our community members consider themselves conservationists. We care about wildlife, intact ecosystems, public lands, migration corridors, safe wildlife crossings, habitat, and a strong community where there’s housing for all and the character that makes this place home.
It’s because of this that your vote and voice really matter in local elections – now more than ever.
Local and state elected representatives literally shape the future of our community. They decide how we address the housing emergency that’s destroying our middle class and threatening the fabric of our community, the transportation challenges tearing into our quality of life, the nearly 400 animals struck and killed on our roads every year, the big money special interests trying to privatize our American public lands, and the many other big challenges facing our community. If we don’t vote, we have no voice in how (or if) our elected representatives address these challenges.
This is why the Jackson Hole Conservation Alliance has proudly launched our Vote Conservation project this election season, which aims to:
- Vote Conservation: Help both community members and candidates prioritize conservation in their voting decisions or campaign goals.
- Commit to Vote: get hundreds of fun- and outdoors-loving young people to commit to vote, register and vote early.
- Activate Leadership: Connect community members with opportunities for meaningful civic engagement to develop tomorrow’s leaders.
Sample ballots can be viewed here so you know what to expect in the voting booth.
View our Candidate Questionnaire and stay tuned for our Voters’ Guide coming this fall.
- August 2 | 7:30 – 9 AM | Snow King Hotel’s Grand Teton Room – The Chamber will host Town Council candidates, Q&A session $25
- August 3 | 7:30 – 9 AM | Snow King Hotel’s Grand Teton Room – The Chamber will host County Commission candidates, Q&A session $25
- August 6 |5: 30 PM | Olympic Room: Teton Village – The Village will host candidates to share with the community who they are and what they plan to accomplish. View the event page here.
- August 8 | 7 PM | Library’s Ordway Auditorium – The League of Women Voters and media partners will host County Commission candidates
- August 9 | 7 PM | Library’s Ordway Auditorium – The League of Women Voters and media partners will host Town Council candidates
- August 13 | 7 PM | Alpine Civic Center – The League of Women Voters will host House District 22 candidates Marti Halverson and Bill Winney
- October 3 | 6 – 8 PM | Hand Fire Pizza – The Conservation Alliance and Buckrail will host Town, County, and District candidates in a Candidate Speed Dating event.
- October 10 | 5:30 PM | The Silver Dollar – The Jackson Hole News&Guide will host County Commission candidates for questions from the public
- October 17 | 5:30 PM | The Silver Dollar – The Jackson Hole News&Guide will host Town Council candidates for questions from the public. View the event page for both News&Guide events here.
- October 25 | 5:30 PM | The Rose – The Jackson Hole News&Guide will host Town Council candidates for questions from the public
- October 11, 15, 22, 24 | Library’s Ordway Auditorium – The League of Women Voters host continued forums
Need more information? Want to get involved?
Email Tiana Wilson at email@example.com or call (307) 733-9417.