Commissioners and residents provided input on the Final Northern South Park Neighborhood Plan.
On Wednesday night, the Joint Planning Commissioners unanimously approved their recommendations for the Final Northern South Park Neighborhood Plan. County planning staff and consultants were online to answer the commissioners’ questions. Some members of the community also gave live public comments. Both Town Councilors and County Commissioners brought up concerns about the plan, including:
- Where will the funding come from for affordable and workforce housing? What dollar amount is needed to build these homes?
- How will traffic be mitigated on High School Road due to the substantial influx of new vehicle trips?
- What plans are in place to deal with the water quality impacts and increased wastewater capacity?
Members of the public also commented on the plan:
- Will this development create more jobs than it will houses?
- How many of the single-family units will be affordable or workforce deed-restricted?
Comments from the public, county, and town planning commissioners will be incorporated into the plan. On June 6th this plan will be presented at a JIM meeting and then given to the Town Council for their recommendations on June 21st. Finally, the Board of County Commissioners will choose to approve or deny this plan on July 5th.
To submit public comments, send an email to the County Commissioners.