Teton County has considered an application to amend the Teton County Land Development Regulations (LDRs) to:
- Change B&Bs as a primary use rather than an accessory to rural residential development.
- Allow B&Bs to have Accessory Residential Units (ARUs) with exempted floor area.
Approval of this request would result in:
- Increased nonconforming development in the County.
- Unintended increased intensity of allowable development in rural areas of our County.
- Conflicting standards in the Land Development Regulations.
- Contradiction of the Comprehensive Plan policies.
On August 14th, both Teton County Planning Staff and the Planning Commission recommended denial of this request, prompting the applicant to withdraw their application.
Thank you, Teton County Planning Staff and Planning Commission, for upholding our community values and protecting our sensitive ecosystem and rural character.