Contact your local decision makers and our project partners
Commercial helicopter tours benefit very few, but affect many. Let decision makers know we want continued engagement towards finding a permanent solution to ban scenic aerial tours out of the Jackson Hole Airport and over our public lands.
Write a letter – either personal or on behalf of your business or organization – expressing how commercial air tours impact your business, quality of life, recreation, residence, and community values. Here’s how:
- Jackson Hole and Grand Teton National Park (GTNP) provide a unique and valuable natural experience that needs to be protected from the negative impacts of aerial tours that threaten the values of both the park and our local community.
- The presence of aerial tours will degrade the visitors’ experiences in the park and Jackson Hole and will degrade the quiet skies and pristine landscape and their associated value to the local economy and our long-term prosperity.
- The impacts associated with helicopter and aerial tours include noise, disturbance and scenic intrusions that could dramatically harm the enjoyment of the residents of Jackson Hole and destroy the uniquely wild qualities that draw millions of visitors to Wyoming.
- Helicopter/aerial tours disturb our cherished wildlife and force animals to abandon important food sources and seek cover to avoid low-flying aircraft.
- Jackson Hole/GTNP is one of the top 5 tourism destinations in the United States because of its natural beauty and access to national parks and wildlife.
- The natural values of GTNP and Jackson Hole are unique and special and deserve protection from commercial uses that bring short-term gain yet jeopardize the very values that visitors come to experience.
2. Forward your letter to the Federal Aviation Administration using this form or contacting these emails ( email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org ).
We are partnering directly with the National Parks Conservation Association on this issue. If you have any questions about the campaign or about ways you can get involved, please contact Caroline Daley at email@example.com and Sharon Mader at firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to Homepage